Got the dang (err…cool) shirt done!!

T-rex tie dye

T-rex tie dye

It took some figuring out that the embroidery I wanted to use wasn’t going to work….well, let me rephrase that in saying I’m not confident enough in my embroidery skills to risk ruining a perfectly cool shirt. I had ruined my own t-shirt in figuring this fact out, so I tried a few applique designs instead and had two complete set up’s cut out and ready to be fused down, but I just didn’t care for them. One of them was my son’s t-rex that he drew recently. It just wasn’t working for me, so I reverted to a t-rex he had sketched a short while back (that I had used for a needle felt applique). This one worked – again – so I went forward and stitched him down. Now I just need to get him into the mail!

I also was able to get some minor sewing done on two soakers, and hopefully can get them previewed. I have a bunch of longies to zip up, so I think that will be on tomorrow’s list to-do. Working at night is so hard, I get so tired too quickly!!

Advertisements

August 30, 2008. Tags: . applique, Sewing, sketching.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: